Our History

On August 30, 1931, Pentecostal Tabernacle was born, and the first service was in a tent on Main Street in Central City.   During the winter months, the church met in the Recreational Hall at the town park.  When Spring came, the church relocated to the Geisel Building and, at that time, became affiliated with the Pennsylvania-Delaware District Council of the Assemblies of God.  In 1934, after a few more relocations, the congregation built the first church building which was located at 280 Strayer Street.  Over the years the church grew and in 1976 the congregation broke ground to build a larger place of worship at its current location of 1745 School Road in Shade Township.  The first service in the new church was held on January 6th, 1977.  Many lives have been touched over the years at Pentecostal Tabernacle and many individuals from the church went into the ministry as pastors and missionaries.   We are incredibly grateful for God’s faithfulness.  He is good and His love endures forever.